Official Selection at the George Lindsey Film Festival
Official Selection at the Indie Gathering
Official Selection at the Smoky Mountain Film Festival
Winner Best Actor: Donald Martin III
Official Selection at the Best Independents Int’l Film Festival
Official Selection at Azalea Film Festival
Best First Time Director at the Independent Shorts Awards
Cahaba is a surreal slice of life that uses the biodiversity and pollution of the Cahaba River to explore the identity of two artists struggling with their own forms of pollution. I wrote and directed Cahaba with the goal of leaving the viewer with a hope that, regardless of where you are, you will find your way, even if that way is different than you envisioned.
An educated painter seeks inspiration from a talented youth on a chilly morning by the Cahaba river.
In the midst of an artistic drought, Tristan agrees to meet with a talented and unknown artist with the hope of being inspired and reminded of his love for painting. However, when this unknown artist arrives at their agreed meeting spot on the bank of the Cahaba River, he is not as he described himself: he is not an elderly man finally following his lifelong passion, but an eager teenager in need of a warmer coat.
- Cahaba premiered on December 21st, 2018 at 5pm at the Best Independents International Film Festival in Karlsruhe, Baden-Württemberg, Germany.
- Cahaba had its North American premiere on March 2nd, 2019 at 4:15pm at the George Lindsey Film Festival in Florence, Alabama.
- The next screening was on June 22nd, 2019 at 1pm at the Smoky Mountain Film Festival in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, where Cahaba was nominated for Best Editing, Best Cinematography, and Best Sound. Cahaba lead actor Donald Martin III won Best Actor.
- Cahaba was screened on August 10th, 2019 at 11:35am at the Indie Gathering International Film Festival near Cleveland, Ohio.
- The next screening will be at the Azalea Film Festival in Mobile, Alabama. Screening time TBD.
Official Selection at the Indie Gathering, Runner-up: Best Horror/Comedy Short
Official Selection at Horror Films in Hotlanta, Nominee: Best Film
Lollipop is a short thriller in which I starred and on which I acted as a producer. Inspired by Grindhouse horror movies, Lollipop pays homage to the female-driven slashers of the 70s and 80s with a modern, witty yet still reverent sense of humor. Lollipop is about the women targeted by a serial killer who leaves a lollipop with each of his victims. But his next target is ready for him.
- Lollipop premiered on August 11th, 2018 at 9:55pm at the Indie Gathering International Film Festival near Cleveland, Ohio, where it was recognized as runner-up in its category.
- Lollipop then screened on October 26th, 2018 just before Midnight at Horror Films in Hotlanta in Atlanta, Georgia, where it was nominated for best film.
“[Nothing] can be done for the sake of evil even by the wicked themselves; for, as we abundantly proved, they seek good, but are drawn out of the way by perverse error.”
-Boethius, The Consolation of Philosophy
“Looking at living beings with compassionate eyes makes you feel wonderful. You do not change anything. You only practice seeing with the eyes of compassion, and suddenly you suffer much less.”
-Thich Nhat Hanh, Going Home